Our Juvenile/Adult Classes are ideal for older dogs that need to learn the basics and/or parents that want to take their dog’s training to the next level. Each class is assembled according to the dog’s temperament, age and training level.
Eligible ages: 6 months and over
Maximum number of dogs per class: 6
Maximum number of people per dog: 2 (or 2 adults + 1 child)
This is a 6 week training program constituted by:
- A dog-free session (Orientation Week) where we will go through all the training basics such as:
- Animal Learning
- Identifying Dog Body Language Signals
- Dog Origins
- How Clicker Training works?
- Managing your dog’s Arousal Levels
- House Rules (Q&A – Entering and Exiting the Class – Hygiene etc.)
2. 5 Training Sessions where you will learn how to teach your dog:
- A series of important cues (e.g. Drop & Stand on cue – Come when called – Stay, Mat training etc.)
- A series of good manners (e.g. Sit for Greeting – Allow handling, grooming and restraint – Leave objects when asked etc.)
- Loose Lead Walking & Walk close to cross a road
and some general education for the parents such as:
- Basic Health care
- Appropriate Handling and Restraint
- Car Safety
- Guidance and Guardianship
- Environmental Enrichment
- Management and Strategies for Problem Behaviours (e.g. excessive barking, jumping etc.)
- On-lead management around other dogs
Prior to booking, a Profile form completion is required (sent after initial enquiry). This will assist us in providing the best possible training and management strategies suited to your own dog’s individual needs.
For information on our Juvenile/Adult Class dates & times, pricing and availability click here.
For any additional information and enquiries contact us here.
Back to Group Classes